Please read this page carefully before you contact the author.
This page summarizes requests frequently asked by users. Please do not ask the author about these things and the schedule for them.
Requests not listed here may have already been supported. Please read this help, MACRO help, README.TXT, KEYCODE.TXT and Tera Term home page carefully.
Items which may be supported in future
- Blinking and double height/width characters of VT100.
- Faint, italic rapid blinking, invisible and strike out characters of ECMA-48 terminal.
- VT3XX line drawing between characters (lines).
- Tool bar and status bar.
- GUI tool to configure the keyboard.
- Customizing menus and dialog boxes.
- Word search.
- Screen buffer and scroll bar for TEK window.
- Improving resolution of TEK window printing.
- In file transfers,
displaying a progress bar, time to finish and the transfer speed.
- ZMODEM recovery function.
and Korean character code sets.
- [File] Print setup command
- Saving selected text or text in the scroll buffer to a file.
- Selecting the text/background color by using color pallets.
- Switching to a small font when the screen mode is switched to the 132-column mode.
- Displaying Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters in non-Chinese/Japanese/Korean Windows.
- Unicode supporting in the Tera Term internal design
- SFTP(SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- OpenSSH: ProxyCommand
Items which may be supported in future (MACRO related items)
- Supporting the redirection by the "exec" command.
- Waiting for binary data by the "wait" command.
- Connect to Tera Term that is already running.
Items which may be supported in very far future
- TEK41XX and 42XX emulations
- Televideo and Wyse emulations
- Sharing a serial port with other applications at the same time.
- Line input mode and a window for line input.
Improving the speed of Kermit transfer.
- Proportional fonts.
- Direct communication I/O from MACRO.
- Mouse protocol(NetTerm) except xterm and DEC Locator mode.
- ^ Displaying a progress bar is supported since rev. 4.60.
- ^ Korean character set(KS5601) is supported since rev. 4.60.
- ^ see screencapture.ttl.
- ^ Supported since rev. 4.72.
- ^ Kermit Long Packet is supported since rev. 4.73.